Publication Notice

Lerner & Lerner, LLC. m.editor at lernerpublishing.com
Sun Jan 14 08:08:56 EST 2001

Dear Colleagues,

I have contracted by a major academic press to edit an encyclopedia of Genetics. The book is intended to be a resource book for students (HS and early undergrad), researchers, teachers and librarians. Work on the book, scheduled for publication in December 2001 is underway.

I am looking to add to our current group of advisors and writers. In particular, I am looking for a high school teacher with graduate training in genetics to serve as a project advisor, two doctorate-level advisors (for scientific review and commentary regarding articles), and science/medical writers (or experienced teachers wanting to try their hand a writing) who can contribute current information relevant to genetics, molecular biology, and other relevant scientific subdisciplines. In addition to covering introductory and advanced scientific concepts, special emphasis will be placed upon current ethical, legal and social issues of interest to a wide audience. Special attention will be given to include contributions to by women and scientists of diverse ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
The book will consist of articles and biographies in encyclopedic fashion, ranging in length from 300 to approximately 1000 words. Advisor honorariums (for commentary and reviews) and writing fees are above industry average.  If you are interested in additional information, please send a post describing your qualifications and area of interest to m.editor at lernerpublishing.com.

Respectfully,

K. Lee Lerner k.lee.lerner at lernerpublishing.com