Where can i find information about taxonomy, to download

humble_one rastapoppolous at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 27 17:43:08 EST 2001

Hi all,
   I need taxonomy information about plants, grasses. i.e. What all
organisms come under plants and grasses or vice versa, (given a plant,
if it is a plant or a grass)

I know this kind of information is present at genbank and some other
sites, but i want this for a large number of organisms, so i can't use
their website and they don't provide the taxonomy in a downloadable
format.(or atleast i am not able to locate it)

Any ideas where I can find this kind of information in a flat file /
database?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanking in anticipation,
the_humble_one.