Chromosome 12

Ricardo Segurado red at
Mon Mar 12 12:13:28 EST 2001

Axelrod1953 at writes:

>Where can a lay person find out information about a child born with
>deviations of this chromosome?  There  is  "translocation" of segments
>involved in her deviation that has caused birth defects.

>Thanks to anyone who can help.

I can give you the name of a book which might be helpful
as a starting point. I can't vouch for how
non-technical it is, or if it will specifically mention
the chromosome 12 translocation you mention:

Dorothy Warburton, Julianne Byrne, Nina Canki
Chromosome anomalies and prenatal development: an atlas
(Oxford University Press 1991, New York, ISBN:0195051459)

Otherwise maybe try to get the name of a college-level
medical genetics textbook.. Your physician can probably
tell you the best one.

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too
dark to read.
					-- Groucho Marx