SkzDaLimit Genome@Home

Deryck medic at mmcable.com
Fri Mar 16 17:58:08 EST 2001

Genome at Home is way to help create new genes for help in scientific research.
You do this by using your spare cpu cycles. If you would like information on
this program please check out the sites listed below.

Hello everyone! I am a member of SkzDaLimit distributed computing team. Our
team was started with SETI in mind. (Like most teams) However, recently we
expanded to doing Genome at home. Needless to say we have become very addicted.
We currently have 19 members involved with Genome and 109 members involved
with SETI. I myself, have only been a member of this group for a couple
weeks, but let me tell you it's not like the other teams. It has a very
family oriented atmosphere. If you're are producing 1 or 100 w/u a day is
important to the team. It's not about how fast your are moving up in the
stats, but the comraderie involved. The leader of the group is very active
with the website, posting messages everyday. We have many graphs to track
different items also. The message board is about as active as you can get.
I've been sold on this team ever since I joined. We are about to enter the
top 200 teams in Seti and are ranked 35th in Genome. Anyways, I just wanted
to send out a message for anyone looking for a team or just wanting to talk
about SETI or Genome, to stop on by. Everyone is welcome. The Genome site is
still under construction, but is coming along quickly. If you have any
questions, just send us an E-mail, we'd be happy to hear from you. Here are
a few of links to our sites.

SkzDaLimit SETI at Home
http://www.skzdalimit.com/seti/

SkzDaLimit Genome at Home