Chromosone 8

aamorgan aamorgan at ntlworld.com
Tue May 15 16:21:04 EST 2001

My wife is 13 weeks pregnant but has an inversion in chromosone 8.
I would like to know of more information about this chromosone and what
problems may occur during the pregnancy as my wife had a scan a few days ago
and we found from the scan that there was an area around the back of the
neck around 4.9mm in thickness (Consultant says that it could be that one of
the organs may not have formed properly or defect in heart, lung etc)
The correct terminology is 46,xxx,inv (8)(p11.q2q13)
Thanks.