Free Genetics Course on Web

Jamie Xjamie at Xsynapses.co.uk
Mon Aug 5 03:37:40 EST 2002

Free Genetics Course on Web

Hi.

I may working on a flexible learning (distance learning, etc.)
Genetics course and I have posted the first quarter of the course at
www.synapses.co.uk/genetics
I call this first part "Cytogenetics" because it covers chromsomes,
meiosis and mitosis (a good series of topics for starting a course in
Genetics).
Each of the lessons has a worksheet for the student to print out and
fill in as s/he follows along with the lesson. There is also a
"teacher's verison" with the information already filled in (so the
student can check to see if his/her information is complete).
Lessons are followed by Self Assesment Questions which link to the
answers.
This quarter also has a Workshop where I walk the student through the
stages of nuclear division as I encourage them to draw each phase.
I am working on the first quarter exam and I expect to post it in a
few weeks but, until then, there is plenty to study while the student
gets ready for the exam.

The entire course plan (syllabus) is posted on the website. It will
include a total of 24 Lessons, 7 Workshops, about a hundred Self
Assesment Questions and four exams.

I would appreciate any feedback. Let me know when I have not been
clear or otherwise has missed the mark. Also, if I have any spelling,
grammer errors or typos - please feel free to let me know.

Sincerely,

Jamie

Dr Jamie Love
Virtual Instructor in Genetics.
FREE lessons at
http://www.synapses.co.uk/genetics/index.html
EMAIL geneticsX at Xsynapses.co.uk
Note: remove all X's from my email address in order to send email to me (it's an "anti-spamming" thingy.)