Algae and biocorrosion

Valero Congil, Jesus Manuel JValero at inasmet.es
Wed Dec 10 07:18:54 EST 1997

Hello,

We are facing a case of biocorrosion of carbon steel in an open tank.=20
The analysis we have carry out show a high presence of freshwater=20
algae on the biofilm, but little evidence of aerobic heterotrophic=20
bacteria. We haven=B4t found SRB. This isn=B4t only a biofouling case,=20
but a strong corrosion of the steel is evident all over the tank.=20

I haven=B4t found in the literature a case of biocorrosion of carbon=20
steel by freswater algae. Have you ever found it?.

Thank you

Jesus M.