Moderator

B&C Wright jbwright at POSTOFFICE.WORLDNET.ATT.NET
Fri Jul 25 07:53:38 EST 1997

It seems that I have been more offensive (unintentionally) than some of the
material that gets posted to our group.  Rather than let it continue into a
great flaming match, please let me apologize.  I had thought that the group
was already being moderated.  Exactly how moderation works, I'm not sure.
I thought that it meant that all messages sent to the group were reviewed
before being posted to all subscribers.  In this way,  spams and other
material not relevant to the group would be eliminated.  I certainly meant
no offense to any of the moderators and most certainly none  was directed
at Claus Sternberg who has put forth incredible effort to organize what is
growing into a very informative list.  I have had numerous good discussions
with others in the field through this list.  I am just looking forward to
the list being tapered down to not include irrelevant issues.  When you
receive a a hundred pieces (or more) of mail per day, it makes life much
easier to have as little irrelevant material as possible.  Pity the poor
delete key!!
Again, my apologies to any who may have been offended by my improperly
phrased  expression of frustration.
Barry Wright