microscopy help

fuller at envirogen.com fuller at envirogen.com
Thu Aug 6 02:07:37 EST 1998

Fellow microbe-lovers,

I've been trying to do some fluorescent microscopy, and I have a
question about fixatives.  When using 1% glutaraldehyde, I seem to be
getting autofluorecing cells when using a blue filter
		Excitation wavelength: 450-490 nm
		Dichroic mirror:       510     nm
		Barrier filter:        515     nm  (interference filter)

Has anyone else had this problem?  Any references?  Any suggestions for
other (less fluorescing) fixatives?

Any help or suggestions much appreciated.

fuller at envirogen.com