Microbial Adhesion

Cook, Guy guy_c at erc.montana.edu
Thu Jan 29 09:06:20 EST 1998

Dr. Jiamin Wan from UC-Berkley and myself have studied UMB's (ultra
micro bacteria)
in a flow cell which simulates porous media.  Direct observation of
adhesion and growth can be seen by confocal microscopy.  The flow cells
were designed to simulate a porous environment at the micron level.

Guy Cook
Center for Biofilm Engr.
Bozeman, MT 59715
Guy_c at erc.montana.edu

Dear all,

I am a PhD student. My work consists in studying microbial adhesion to
porous solid surfaces.
I am looking for techniques that show whether cells are really adhered
just trapped in the pores of the support.
I would be grateful if any of you could help me.