ml/min into mm/s

Sarah Boyle slb7 at
Tue Jul 21 10:13:51 EST 1998

Dear biofilmers

could anyone provide me with an equation for converting ml/min into
mm/s; when using a peristalsic pump and a flow cell.

All literature seems to quote 0.2mm/sec as a usual speed, but I am
uncertain as to how they arrive at this figure when pump speeds are in
rpm and flow rates are in ml/min.

Surely 0.2mm/s could be highly variable depending on the tube radius?

Sarah Boyle
Research School of Biosciences
University of Kent

01227 764000 ext. 3023