Cooling Tower

Kevin Bown kevin.bown at camr.org.uk
Mon Mar 23 06:49:57 EST 1998

The Centre for Applied Microbiology and Research (CAMR) is the only
known  research establishment in the world to possess a fully
functional evaporative cooling tower in Class III microbiological
containment, specifically for scientific experimentation. The system
accurately reflects the behaviour and operation of cooling towers in
the built environment. We have conducted studies into
microbial/pathogen interactions in biofilm and planktonic phases (with
special reference to Legionella pneumophila), biocidal regimes,
non-chemical disinfection and microbial detection method assessment.
If you feel this facility may be of use to your research/development
programmes, please contact me at the address below.

Kevin Bown,
Centre for Applied Microbiology & Research,
Porton,
Wilts, SP4 OJG. UK.
Tel: +44(0)1980 612666
Fax: +44(0)1980 612731