Dissolved CO2 measurement

white mowhite at netvision.net.il
Sun Feb 14 03:26:00 EST 1999

Hello.
I am a new subscriber to this Group and am involved in Fermentation R&D
in Israel.
I will be grateful for anyone`s help on the following.
I am trying to measurd dissolved CO2 in fermentation broth during
fermentation. I have had many probelms with the Ingold dCO2 electrode
which is actually a pH electrode measuring diffused CO2 into a buffer
chamber. my questions are:
1. Any advice to make the Ingold electode more reliable?
2. Any other method to measure on-line CO2 in a fermentor?
Thanks
Moshe White