fatty acid extraction

fuller at envirogen.com fuller at envirogen.com
Tue Jan 12 04:43:33 EST 1999

Fellow scientists,

I am working with bacterial fatty acids, and am quite familair with the
literature.  However, I was wondering if anyone has heard of new,
alternative methods for total fatty acid extraction.  I've been using
the one-phase chloroform:methanol:buffer method, but I'd like to see if
there is an alternative, maybe with a less-dense-than-water solvent
which could be reovered without the use of a sep funnel.

Any leads or refs much appreciated.

fuller at envirogen.com