update on listserv changes

Robert Palmer rjpalmer at dir.nidcr.nih.gov
Tue Dec 12 08:23:21 EST 2000

Hello all,
I wish to inform you that the discussion period for the proposed changes to
the Biofilm Listserv structure is now over.  The initial feedback suggests
that no one is opposed to the changes I described two weeks ago, and I
received several excellect suggestions on publications where the "new"
listserv should be advertised and on additional modifications to the way
posts are distributed (specifically, that a "digest" option should be
available for those who prefer this approach).
So, let the voting now begin!  Remember that you need to vote ONLY if you
are opposed to the changes - you do not need to reply if you are in favor
of the changes.  A simple majority of "no" votes will mean that the
listserv stays as it is.  Should that simple majority not be reached, the
changes I described will be implemented.  You have until 9 January 2001 to
register your disagreement with the changes - no recounts are possible :) !

Robert J. Palmer Jr., Ph.D.
Natl Inst Dental Craniofacial Res - Natl Insts Health
Oral Infection and Immunity Branch
Bldg 30, Room 308
30 Convent Drive
Bethesda MD 20892