biofilms in spas

Gary Hogben G.Hogben at btinternet.com
Sun Feb 6 17:05:25 EST 2000

There are effective biocides but all require effective monitoring and
control. The best in my opinion remains bromine, supplied as the hydantoin,
but you must monitor levels on a 2 hourly basis during use and take
appropriate action when parameters fail. There is a book called "hygiene for
spa pools " published by the UK Public Health Laboratory Service, Central
Public Health Laboratory, Colindale, North London. The book is excellent.but
any system is only as good as the operators. If you want the ISBN code for
the book, please e-mail me back and I will get it when I return to work on
Wednesday

Gary Hogben

"Cheryl Minnick" <CMinnick at concentric.net> wrote in message
news:000701bf6c4f$fa9be480$68b1adce at management...
 > Does anyone have any ideas on prevention or elimination of biofilms that
 > occur in hot tubs or spas. Is there an effective biocide on the market
that
 > is safe for humans to sit in? Thanks-Cheryl

 > To reply to the group as well as to the originator, make sure that
 > the address biofilms at net.bio.net is included in the "To:" field.
 >
 > See the BIOFILMS homepage at http://www.im.dtu.dk/biofilms for info
 > on how to (un)subscribe and post to the Biofilms newsgroup.

---