Bacterial Attachment to meat

Brooks, John J.Brooks at massey.ac.nz
Wed Feb 16 23:31:23 EST 2000

Hello everyone in 'film land.

I apologise if you have received this message twice - I am a little confused
about the address nobody at net.bio.net <mailto:nobody at net.bio.net>

We have the opportunity to co-supervise a PhD student working in the area of
"Bacterial Attachment to Meat" with the Microbiology and Food Safety Group
of AgResearch Food Science.  I am posting this message to seek expressions
of interest from suitably qualified graduates.

The project can commence as soon as a suitable candidate is found.  The
project would ideally suit a microbiologist with biophysics interests, but
other applicants will also be considered.  The candidate will investigate
the relationships between surface charge, hydrophobicity and strength of
attachment, etc. with reduction of bacterial contamination the final
objective.

There is an established biofilm research team working at Massey University,
who will provide the academic supervision and the candidate will work
towards the award of a Massey University PhD.  The scholarship will provide
a stipend plus fees.  The work will be conducted at the MIRINZ buildings on
the AgResearch campus in Hamilton, working with another well established
team under the MIRINZ Fellow Dr. Graham Bell.

Please request further information from John Mills on 64 7 838 5255 or
E-mail mills at AgResearch.cry.nz <mailto:mills at AgResearch.cry.nz>  and copy to
Foodagri at massey.ac.nz <mailto:Foodagri at massey.ac.nz>

Regards,
      John

Acting Director
Food Technology & Agribusiness
   "Harnessing our scientific potential for the wellbeing of New Zealand
citizens and the competitiveness of the New Zealand food industry"

Dr. J.D. Brooks
Institute for Food Nutrition & Human Health
Massey University
Palmerston North
New Zealand
Ph  ++64 6 350 4395
Fax ++64 6 350 5655
Mobile 025 831 595

The information contained in this email is CONFIDENTIAL and may also be
LEGALLY PRIVILEGED.
It is intended only for the addressee.

If you are not the intended addressee, you are asked to respect that
confidentiality: you should not disclose, copy
or make use of its content. You are also asked to notify the sender
immediately and to destroy this E-mail.  Thank you.

Any opinions or advice contained in email messages addressed to our clients
are subject to the terms and conditions
expressed in the governing client engagement contract.  Any views expressed
in the absence of such a contract
are those of the individual sender and may not necessarily reflect the views
of Massey University.