Tools for Molecular Microbiologists

Bob McLean rm12 at
Fri Mar 17 10:24:38 EST 2000

I just received this website information from Andy Kropinski, a former
colleague of mine at Queen's University in Canada.  It has a wealth of very
helpful information on internet resources and links for nucleic acid and
protein analysis. As we in the biofilm community are employing an
increasing number of molecular techniques, such resources will be extremely

Best wishes,

Bob McLean

 >Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2000 14:51:34 +0000
 >From: kropinsk at ("Dr. Andrew M. Kropinski")
 >Subject: Tools for Molecular Microbiologists
 >Sender: owner-csm at
 >To: csm at
 >"Online Analysis Tools" is a compendium of annotated online sites for
 >the analysis of  nucleic acids (restriction maps, promoter sites,
 >repeats etc.) and proteins (chemical analysis, secondary structure,
 >motifs etc.).  It also lists sites for database searches (BLAST, FASTA
 >etc.) and phylogenetic analysis.  While the chosen sites emphasize those
 >of use to molecular microbiologists they are useful for molecular
 >biologists working with eukaryotes as well. This site is updated
 >Andrew Kropinski
 >Professaor of Microbiology
 >Queen's University
R.J.C. (Bob) McLean, Ph.D.