cyanobacteria cell wall

Christian Hoffmann hoffmc at
Mon Feb 26 14:56:45 EST 2001

hi all,
we are trying to permeabilize unicellular cyanobacteria to do in situ
hybridization. BUT we can't get through the cell wall. the literature tells
us that treatment with lysozyme should work, nevertheless, it's not working.
does anybody have any suggestions in how to make my cells permeable?
thanks a lot in advance,
christian and dinna