Biofilms on Beer Packaging Equipment

R=E1faga unimpeachable184 at
Sat Oct 30 17:14:44 EST 2004

Hello. I am conducting research work for a small beer packaging firm here in
the U.S. I would like to evaluate the effectiveness of various conveyor
alkaline detergents and biocidal conveyor lubes, but I am having difficulty
culturing these biofilms on solid or liquid media, since the difference in
growth conditions renders a much different microbiological matrix by
possibly excluding the emergence of some strains. I realize that I could
perform comparative studies in-situ, but I would rather do it under more
controlled conditions. Any ideas?