congo red agar

bob bbruner at
Tue Apr 19 21:50:21 EST 2005

On 12 Apr 2005 16:56:04 +0100, worshipnonebutallah at
("worshipnonebutallah at") wrote:

 >could anyone tell me how are congo red agar plates made?

It is not necessarily a standard name. So what it means is something
you need to check with your own relevant sources.

Google on
congo red agar
gives the following item:

That link is to the abstract, and the paper itself is freely available
from there. But you will need to decide whether their congo red agar
plates are what you want. If you need to, explore the google search

One good source of media info is the oxoid manual, at
Your medium is not listed, unless I mistyped something.

 >also, i'd appreciate it if someone could send me the following paper:
 >Freeman DJ,Falkiner FR,Keane CT. New method for detecting slime
 >production by coagulase-negative staphylococci. J Clin Pathol

Their online archives do not go back that far. If you don't know
anyone with good access to the print journal, suggest you email the