IUBio

[Biofilms] DTAF labeling of dextran

Chiara Perrino chiara.perrino at mat.ethz.ch
Wed Jul 5 09:28:50 EST 2006

Hi all,

I am a PhD student at ETH in Zurich (Material Science Department) and
I'm working on the synthesis of polymers made of a poly-allyl-amine
backbone on which dextran chains are grafted. I would like to label
dextran with DTAF trying to get quantitative information about the
grafting ratio via fluorescence microscopy. Does anyone, by any
chance, know the labeling process or have some protocol to do this
labeling?

Thank you!

Chiara Perrino

Chiara Perrino
Laboratory for Surface Science and Technology
e-mail: chiara.perrino at mat.ethz.ch
phone: 0041 44 632 49 64
fax: 0041 44 633 10 27