Creating Electronic Research Libraries

Roy Smith roy at
Wed Dec 20 10:25:43 EST 1989

In <617 at mbph.UUCP> hybl at mbph.UUCP (Albert Hybl) writes:
> Speaking for myself, I think a non-interactive search would be virtually
> useless [...] Assuming Santa has limited funds, I would urge him to put them
> only into programs and situations where interactive searches are possible.

	I absolutely agree.  This is the old batch processing vs. time
sharing argument all over again.  Batch lost out a decade or two ago, why
should we bring it back in the guise of bibliographic search systems?
455 First Avenue, New York, NY 10016
roy at -OR- {att,philabs,cmcl2,rutgers,hombre}!phri!roy
"My karma ran over my dogma"