Upper Limb Prosthetic Devices

Andrew MacLean biometal at watever.waterloo.edu
Tue Feb 6 21:56:44 EST 1990

Hello net world. I am relatively new to this area of the news
net world, so bear wih me. I am interested in finding information,
or contacts or ANYTHING pertaining to UPPER EXTREMETY PROSTHETIC DEVICES.

Question 1: What is the proper/best newsgroup to monitor for information
            pertaining to prosthetic limbs?

Well now, let's get a little more personal. I am a Systems Design
engineering student at the University of Waterloo, Waterloo Ontario
Canada. I am doing a research project into the design of a new type
of prosthetic device. What I am looking for, is for any technical
information from engineers into their designs of prosthetic devices,
AND/OR information about the human arm and its fnctional capability.

PLEASE, just drop me a line. I am interested in talking to anyone
who feels that they can contribute to my efforts to improve the
quality of life!

Andrew MacLean
Systems Design Engineer
Waterloo Ontario