BIONEWS readership survey update

Fri Jun 1 19:22:30 EST 1990

Nine days after posting my requests to readers to acknowledge their
presence on the net, I have received 467 responses.  While this is far
better than any survey on other topics that I have done previously
(and a not unrespectable audience size for a new fangled scientific
forum), I have a hunch that this is still short of the mark (I will,
for example, eventually calculate a % response based on our own local
mailing lists from which I know that many people still have not
responded).

Please be sure that your vote is counted (but only reply once!!).  If
you have not yet answered my request to make us aware of your
readership of BIONEWS/bionet.general, please send a message (it can be
blank, I only need your mail header) to the Internet address

                        survey at genbank.bio.net

or to one of the following addresses if they are more readily
accessible.  I will continue to collect data for several more weeks.

Address                                 Location        Network
-------                                 --------        -------
biovote at irlearn.ucd.ie                  Ireland         EARN/BITNET
biovote at uk.ac.daresbury                 U.K.            JANET
biovote at bmc.uu.se                       Sweden          Internet
biovote at genbank.bio.net                 U.S.A.          Internet/BITNET

My thanks to all of those who have responded and thanks in advance to
those who do so in the coming days.

				Sincerely,

				Dave Kristofferson
				GenBank On-line Service Manager