Seeking help/advice on career possiblities

Alex Colburn colburn at handel.cs.colostate.edu
Wed Nov 7 12:58:38 EST 1990

	Since this seems to be the only group that combines both
computers and biology, it seems that maybe some of you could help
me with some career advice.   I am in the job hunting process, and
looking for a position in which I can combine both my biology and
computer background.
	I have a BS in molecular biology, research experience with
glucocorticoid hormone receptor structure and function, and a few
years of graduate work at the U of Iowa.  Currently I'm working on
another degree in Computer Science at Colorado state University.
Also last summer, I worked at Iowa's Image analysis facility, where
I did manage to combine some aspects of biology with computers.
	I'll have undying gratitude if anyone has any suggestions
as to where I should send resumes and such.  I really don't want
to give up my biology background, and most of the companies I've
talked to around here really don't do any biology (especially evolution)
research.
					thank you,   Alex.

                /)       |    Windsurfing:  Almost as good as sex,
              /  )       |                  and much more frequent...
                    (    |    Colburn at handel.cs.colostate.edu