Electronic publication

James G. Smith jgsmith at watson.bcm.tmc.edu
Thu Oct 4 15:52:25 EST 1990

1.  What role do people imagine the Xanadu system to play in this publishing.
For those who don't know what I'm talking about, look up Ted Nelson's book
"Computer Lib/Dream Machines" (or maybe another one of his books.)  Apparently
the Xanadu system should be coming out soon (in a recent BYTE article Ted
suggested next year, which I figure means 1992).  Theoretically, this system
would cover the technical details of general hypermedia publication.

2.  Given hypermedia publishing, what do people think of making the raw data
from experiments a part of the publication?

*