What/who is bionet

David Kristofferson kristoff at genbank.bio.net
Thu Sep 20 12:21:44 EST 1990

>   I can post to this group via usenet or via email
> (bionews at genbank.bio.net).  From your comment I infer that posting via
> usenet causes some problems.  Would posting by email be better?
> -David Steffen-

EMPHATICALLY NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dave, you are helping lead the wave of the future by utilizing
newsreading software.  BIOSCI's more inconvenient features are still
due to the necessity of combining a variety of different
communications systems.  I would encourage anyone who is still using
e-mail for reading newsgroups to try to get their computer center to
switch to USENET-style news.  There are public domain packages
available for this as has been described many times in the past on
this newsgroup and others.  We at GenBank On-line Service are happy to
help people make this transition if they reuqire assistance. Let us at
BIOSCI worry about how to resolve some of these more confusing points
about header information during this period of technological
transition, but please don't move backwards yourself!!
--
				Sincerely,

				Dave Kristofferson
				GenBank Manager