'Face' representations of nucleic acid sequences

NUM255 at NRCCAD.NRC.CA NUM255 at NRCCAD.NRC.CA
Mon Sep 3 21:13:12 EST 1990

The only one I can recall is the method published by Cowin, Jellis and
Rickwood in NAR 14 : 509-515, 1986. But I think I also saw a reference
(in Biotech News perhaps?) to a system deviced by some Japanese group
in which the nucleotides were represented as musical notes. The ability
of the human year to identify tunes was being proposed as a way to
detect specific nucleotide motifs...
Have fun...!
By the way, I think that we met a couple of years ago in Cambridge, am I right?
-Jose-
J. Campione-Piccardo
Natl. Lab. Mol. Oncol.
Ottawa, Ontario CANAN