Matrix News

Irene Anne Eckstrand IAE at CU.NIH.GOV
Mon Apr 15 07:07:19 EST 1991

== For Your Information ==

MAIL VIA BITNET FROM KIDSNET at PITTVMS  SATURDAY  04/13/91  2:55:59 P.M.

Date: Sat, 13 Apr 91 14:14 EDT
Subject: Matrix News
To: kids-l at pittvms

Date: Fri, 12 Apr 91 10:28:48 CDT
From: John S. Quarterman <jsq at tic.com>
To: info-matrix at tic.COM

MIDS publishes Matrix News, a monthly *paper* newsletter providing brief
overviews in context of facilities, features, or policy issues that affect
more than one network.

The lead article of Volume 1 Issue 1 (April 1991) is ``National Network
Policy.''  Addresses of some relevant organizations and people are included,
The whole issue is eight 8 1/2 x 11 inch pages (two sheets, center stapled).
A subscription form and a brief survey are included.

The second issue will be twelve pages, in the same format.

Why paper?  One reason is to reach people who are not on networks yet,
such as attendees of the recent Computers, Freedom, and Privacy Conference.
A more compelling reason is that we will be charging for subscriptions.
At its price of $30/year, we are aiming only at cost recovery, but we
do feel we need to recover costs, as much as a matter of principle as
practicality.  However, the first issue is free (but do note the included
subscription form).

Anyone who would like a free copy of the first issue of Matrix News,
please send a request with a *paper post* address to mids at tic.com.

Thanks,
John

John S. Quarterman
Matrix Information and Directory Services, Inc.
jsq at tic.com
+1-512-320-9031
fax +1-512-320-5821
701 Brazos Suite 500