Archive of BIOSCI messages available via WAIS

Eliot lear at
Mon Aug 26 19:09:16 EST 1991

Genbank has made available an archive of all netnews messages posted
since October 1989.  It is accessable via the Wide Area Information
Service (WAIS) in the biosci.src database on

WAIS was designed by Thinking Machines and a small group of
collaborators, including Apple Computer.  Sample clients are available
for Mac, X Display workstations, and GNU Emacs users.  The software
can be retrieved via anonymous FTP from

While we are waiting to be added into the global WAIS directory of
servers, the service is available now.  Note that the database of
messages is updated once every several days.  Please alert me to any
Eliot Lear
[lear at]