Indexing bionet.journals.contents on articles

Rob "bionaut" Harper harper at nic.funet.fi
Fri Aug 30 06:11:07 EST 1991

kristoff at genbank.bio.net (David Kristofferson) writes:

>This kind of thing crossed my mind too but we only indexed the
>individual contents pages for the following reasons:

>It should not be too much additional work for Eliot to index the TOC's
>by article.  I'll talk to him about it soon and I wouldn't be
>surprised if it happens within a day or so.

I have taken the TOCS prepared by Amos Bairoch and dumped them
all into one file called toc.dat... roughly about 3 mega. It covers
the years 89-91. It is now available as toc.src on nic.funet.fi
When searching you will be presented with individual entries.
The maximun number of hits is 40 (that is the default in the code)
For some reason toc.src does not show up in INFO.src (a bug) but it
is there... I assure you.

There are a few other sources I have prepared. They are listed in the
INFO.src

biodocs.src   A collection of networking documents.
limb.src      The LIMB database.
emblsoft.src  Software held by EMBL on NETSERV
seqanalr.src  Amos Bairoch's sequence analysis references

If you want to add toc.src to your list of sources then the information
is as follows:

name:toc.src
Server:nic.funet.fi
Service:210
Database:toc
Cost:0
Units:Free
Maintainer:harper

-=ROB=-

P.S. If Genbank wants toc.dat for themselves it can be had from
     /pub/sci/molbio/databases/toc/wais

********** AND THE MAMA BEAR SAID WHO'S BEEN STEALING MY THUNDER **********