Transfection of unicellular organisms

Marivonne Rodriguez N052FG at tamvm1.bitnet
Wed Aug 14 12:17:46 EST 1991

     To answer Zuccola's inquiry about unicellular organism transfection, I do
have one pertinent reference using electroporation with Tetrahymena. Although d
oing molecular work with dinoflagellates myself, I haven't heard of transfectio
ns being carried out in such a system, and if someone else out there does know
about it, I'd definitely be interested in that reference. Anyway, the Tetrahyme
na reference is: Brunk, C. F. & Navas, P.(1988) Experimental Cell Research, 174
(2):525-532. I hope this was of some help.

Marivonne Rodriguez
Dept. of Biology
Texas A&M University
College Station, TX  77840