VMS database submission form program

Don Gilbert gilbertd at sunflower.bio.indiana.edu
Thu Aug 1 13:48:45 EST 1991

Let me just highlight what Paul Gilna has said from a (sort of)
sequence submitter's viewpoint.  I beleive that everyone who can use
a version of Authorin wants to, even if it take some extra steps
transfering files from Vax/Unix to Mac/PC and back.

I occasionally submit files for people at IU.  When I first tried
Authorin, I had ~15 sequences someone wanted accession numbers for
quick so they could put the numbers in page galleys. I said, sure by
e-mail it will work pretty quick, a few days or so.

I got the 15 accession numbers back in LESS THAN 3 HOURS! from sending
the authorin output to gb-sub at life.lanl.gov.  This is not to say all
such transactions will be as quick, but this one sure was.

-- Don

Don Gilbert                                     gilbert at bio.indiana.edu