A sample of biosci@genbank mail

William D. Graziadei GRAZIAWD at SPLAVA.CC.PLATTSBURGH.EDU
Tue Dec 17 10:42:00 EST 1991

Dave, you said...

>This is relevant to the motivation for plan A and might give the rest
>of you a sample glimpse of what I have been seeing a few times a day
>recently (each message has somewhat different motivations, of course).
>The person's name has been removed since I did not request permission
>to forward the message.

> but are simply the result of being flooded with more postings that I can handl
> and the finding that few of those are useful to me.  thanks for letting
> me participate for awhile.
> ...text deleted
I guess it is time for me to add my 2 "sense" to the discussion.
This is precisely why I support Plan A. Both Foote & Steffen raise
important points. But, I remember when I first started to use the
system ....oh the mistakes (even to the present). I would not want
to discourage the new fresh minds from participation nor those of
scientific stature. Both make for lively interaction. I know I
needed help from the list when I started and indeed got it. I have
encouraged our students to use Bionet early in their careers so
that as the evolution of BioSci occurs they might judge its effective-
ness and perhaps guide its continued progress. I guess, as several
others have said, I don't mind hitting the delete key 20 times a day.

   Regards,

      Bill

   Question: What is remedial mitosis?

   Signature and answer follows:

        / William D. Graziadei, Ph.D. / In Vitro Cell Biology & Biotechnology/|
       /=============================/======================================/_/
      /         US Mail             /              EMail                    G /
     /  MINER CENTER               / GRAZIAWD (Local)                     ___/
    /  SUNY PLATTSBURGH/MINER INST/ SPLAVA::GRAZIAWD (DecNet)            / /
   /  CHAZY, NEW YORK 12921      / GRAZIAWD at SNYPLAVA.BITNET (BitNet)    / /
  /  TEL (518) 846-7144         / GRAZIAWD at SPLAVA.CC.PLATTSBURGH.EDU   / /
 /  FAX (518) 846-8445         / WGRAZIADEI at BIOTECHNET.COM(BiotechNet)/ /

"Remedial mitosis is a math course for cells that can't multiply or divide."
Instructor: Dr. G. Factor; Sections: G1, G0 (Remedial), S, G2, M; Time: Varies