IMPORTANT! - DISCUSSION ON THE FUTURE...

David Kristofferson kristoff at genbank.bio.net
Mon Dec 16 13:16:11 EST 1991

>         If we do have a two forum split, none of the names in my original
> proposal would be suitable.  The problem with BIOFORUM is that it already
> contains 8 characters, and the LISTSERV subscription mechanism requires that
> a '+' be added to the subscription address without exceeding 8 characters.
> What would be done about that?

BI+FORUM.

This is a technical detail that the readers need not discuss/worry
about except if they send in a SUBSCRIBE message to the LISTSERV at
IRLEARN (I shudder to even have to make a public mention of SUBSCRIBE
messages ... PLEASE don't start sending them to the newsgroup address
everyone 8-).

Dave