Sub-dividing [dissecting?] bionet.general

Foteos Macrides MACRIDES at WFEB2.BITNET
Sun Dec 15 17:51:00 EST 1991

>Even at the risk of being labelled a 'streamofconsciousnessthinker' or
>something equivalent I'd like to say that I don't believe that there
>is a need to moderate any of the bionet groups.

        In this connection, why was bionet.biology.computational/COMP-BIO set
up as a moderated forum?  Was it out of concern that otherwise there might be
commercial postings?  This hasn't been a problem in bionet.software/BIO-SOFT,
which is potentially just as vulernerable to this.  The one commercial-like
posting to COMP-BIO simply lacked a disclaimer in the signature, but otherwise
answered a specific, good question that was asked in the forum, and there's
been virtually nothing posted there since that problem.  No flame intended,
honest, but perhaps there's too much worrying going on about occasional
"imperfections."  (Lest there be any doubt about it, I am usually a compulsive
perfectionist, but do enjoy a break now and then 8-).

                                Fote

 MACRIDES at WFEB2.BITNET     222 Maple Avenue, Shrewsbury, MA 01545

    Or if you must exercise your democratic rights then go for PLAN C.
                        -- Rob ("My Hero") Harper

 Bionet.general is David ("What isn't happening that should?") Steffen's
                        SECOND FAVORITE FORUM!!!!