Nutrients and Food Composition

Charlotte Watrin CWATRIN%BROWNVM at PUCC.PRINCETON.EDU
Tue Feb 19 21:24:32 EST 1991

I'm searching for nutrient data bank references for northwestern Europe
or Scandinavia.  I'm attempting to build a model of a paleodiet and the
animals which we no longer eat don't seem to be in your standard food
composition tables prepared by the US Dept of Agriculture...
I'm assuming that there is no standard formula for determining the
percentage of protein in an average sized pine marten (Martes martes),
for example.  Any suggestions?  My site is in northwestern Europe, is
5000 years old, and yes, this is archaeology!
Charlotte       cwatrin at brownvm.brown.edu    cwatrin at brownvm