Poly A tails

Paul Gilna pgil at HISTONE.LANL.GOV
Fri Feb 1 13:49:40 EST 1991

I have a request to make of the "netfolk", as we are revisiting our
annotation editorial procedures with regard to the handling of poly-A
tails in sequences.

In the past, primarily since such sequences have themselves been
presented inconsistently, we have consistently dropped them from the
sequence and annotated the entity as a polyA_site in the features
table.

	What I would like to request from this readership is a user
	view on the relative importance of the absence or presence of
	poly-A *sequence data* to your work with GenBank sequences.

Thanking you in advance,

--paul

Paul Gilna
Biology Domain Leader