Announcing a new book on the NREN (from CNEDUC-L)

Irene Anne Eckstrand IAE at CU.NIH.GOV
Fri Jul 19 06:04:08 EST 1991

== For Your Information ==

MAIL VIA BITNET FROM KIDSNET at PITTVMS  THURSDAY  07/18/91  9:22:57 P.M.

Date: Thu, 18 Jul 91 21:15 EDT
Subject: Announcing a new book on the NREN (from CNEDUC-L)
To: kids-l at pittvms

Date: Thu, 18 Jul 1991 10:40:23 EDT
From: Howard Rosenbaum <H71ROSEN at SUVM.BITNET>
Subject: Announcing a new book on the NREN
Sender: Computer Networking Education Discussion List <CNEDUC-L at TAMVM1.BITNET>

My apologies for cross-posting this announcement.

Those of you who are interested in national networks (particularly
the proposed NREN), networking issues, and research on networks may
be interested in the following information.

Feel free to redistribute this announcement to others who have
interests in networking.

A research group at Syracuse University's School for Information
Studies, headed by Dr. Charles R. McClure, has recently completed
book on the NREN which focuses on, among other topics, the impacts
of networks on users - in this case, scientists and network man-
agers. It also provides an overview of the development of the NREN,
and presents a research and policy perspective with which to approach
many of the networking issues raised in the debate over the NREN..

The book, "The National Research and Education Network" (NREN):
Research and Policy Perspectives," is due to be published by ABLEX
this summer.

If anyone is interested in finding out more about this book, I can
send out more detailed description, including a table of contents
and description of the appendices, which gather together many of the
key documents that have played and are playing roles in the development
of the NREN.

Please send a note to the e-mail address below, and I'll send you
the description. I'll try for same day service.

                                               -Howard
_ Howard Rosenbaum               BITNET:    H71ROSEN at SUVM.BITNET       _
_ School of Information Studies  INTERNET:  HSROSENB at RODAN.ACS.SYR.EDU _
_ Syracuse University            PHONE:     (315) 443-4473             _
_ Syracuse, NY 13244-1200                                              _
_ USA                                                                  _