CYTOMETRY newsgroup not approved

David Kristofferson kristoff at
Fri Jul 5 12:03:16 EST 1991

	The response to the CYTOMETRY vote was so anemic that I have
no doubts that a newsgroup set up for that purpose would be completely
idle.  Even when an initial vote goes well, many of the more
specialized newsgroups often go through protracted dry spells.  This
one definitely would not have been worth the effort to establish.

	BIONEWS/bionet.general also really isn't intended for
specialized discussions, but rather for meeting announcements and
other items of widespread interest.  I have been contemplating setting
up something like bionet.misc for discussions which don't currently
have a "proper" home.