Info needed on GENESEQ DNA/Protein data bank

Joe Santangelo SNTJOS01 at uctvax.uct.ac.za
Tue Jul 16 13:37:14 EST 1991

I recently read about a new data bank of nucleic acid and protein sequences
found in patent publications (see Nature 352:92 -- 4 July 1991).  Apparently
this database has been assembled by IntelliGenetics and Derwent, and is
available via the IntelliGenetics timesharing system.  Unfortunately, when you
do science at the far corners of the world, the IntelliGenetics timesharing
system can be prohibitively expensive.  Therefore, I would like to know if
releases of this new data bank (GENESEQ) are available in a similar fashion to
the GenBank and EMBL databases.  Any information concerning this matter would
be greatly appreciated.  Please respond directly to me as our feed for this
newsgroup is sometimes erratic.

Joe Santangelo
Department of Microbiology
University of Cape Town