Question on Speed of Human REFLEX System

leeky at wiliki.eng.hawaii.edu leeky at wiliki.eng.hawaii.edu
Wed Mar 13 00:11:11 EST 1991

Hi everyone,

Hope this is the right place to post this novice question...

I was just wondering if anyone out there could enlighten me on a
topic regarding instantaneous speed of human reflex system.

I've look through some texts on reflex, and could not find one that
specifically mentions actual speed of human reflex system.  Is there
anyone out there who knows what the maximum speed of human reflex that
has been observed.  Whether it's muscle shortening or leg extention,
it don't really matter.  And if there is any published document that
verifies this, I'd really appreciate to know what it is called.

Mahalo (Thanx)