Lasers as optical tweezers?

Hugo Calendar hugo at saturn.ucsc.edu
Tue May 21 03:40:14 EST 1991

June 1991 issue of Scientific American has an (excellent) article
on Laser Surgery.  At the end of the article, reference is made
to a paper describing the ability of lasers to trap, or hold, an
object in a beam of light, by Arthur Ashkin of AT&T Bell Labs.
I can't seem to track this paper down through the UC Libraries
database.  Does anybody know if this paper can be found online?
Leads to this and related papers are also appreciated.  Please
use email to respond, and also to ask for any information I may
find.

Thanks,
Hugo

--
Hugo Calendar  ...!ucbvax!ucscc!spica!hugo   CmpEng/Math Undergraduate
215 Weeks Avenue      hugo at saturn.ucsc.edu   IBM RT AIX/AOS/MACH Admin