Software for automated subseqence extraction

POSTMAST at gunbrf.bitnet POSTMAST at gunbrf.bitnet
Wed May 1 11:20:00 EST 1991

From:   edu%"eesnyder at" 29-APR-1991 11:18:10.80
To:     genbank-bb at
Subj:   Software for automated subseqence extraction

To: genbank-bb at
From: eesnyder at (Eric E. Snyder)
Subject: Software for automated subseqence extraction
Date: 27 Apr 91 18:29:32 GMT
Sender: news at (The Daily Planet)

I am looking for some software that will allow me to extract subsequences
from genbank or PIR.

For example, I would like to be able to provide a keyword such as 'splice
site' and have the program search genbank and return with a list of sequence
names and the subsequence from each entry corresponding to my keyword.

Any leads would be appreciated....
Eric E. Snyder
Department of MCD Biology              ...making feet for childrens' shoes.
University of Colorado, Boulder
Boulder, Colorado 80309-0347