Biological Databases

Henry Ford ccshf at gdr.bath.ac.uk
Thu Nov 14 08:25:38 EST 1991

I am starting to build up information on biological databases, primarily
taxonomic and ecological, with a view to providing a meta-database for
users the academic world initially. I have two general questions and
one specific  question.
1: Is there anyone managing on-line or cdrom databases of this nature?
If so I'd love to hear about the nature of the database you're holding
2: Is there anyone out there with suitable data they think should be
globally available?
3: Can anyone tell me about AREV (Advanced Revelation), a database
which is being increasingly used by taxonomists?
Henry Ford
Bath University, Bath, Avon, U.K.
ccshf at uk.ac.bath.gdr