HIV newsgroup passes - VOTING IS CLOSED!!

Tue Nov 19 13:46:38 EST 1991

The HIV newsgroup has passed (just went over the mark to 47 votes
today).  This was not one of the more rousing responses (e.g.,
COMP-BIO was approved in about a day) so I hope that Mika will be an
enthusiastic promoter, but the group will be established.  It will
probably take a few more weeks to set up because of various transition
issues that I have to deal with currently, but it should be up and
running some time in December.

				Dave Kristofferson
				GenBank Manager

				kristoff at