Eliot Lear has left IG 8-(, but Kenton Hoover has joined 8-).

Thu Nov 14 18:15:48 EST 1991

Dear BIOSCI readers:

        I'm saddened to have to announce that Eliot Lear received "an
unsolicited offer that he could not refuse" from Silicon Graphics Inc.
and has left IntelliGenetics.  Eliot has been my right hand man for
the last three plus years on BIONET and then GOS.  The biology
community is deeply indebted to Eliot not only for all of his work on
BIOSCI/bionet, but also for his many excellent efforts on GOS including
implementation of the FASTA mail server and most recently the GOS WAIS
sources.  I hope you all will not mind if I extend our thanks to Eliot
on behalf of the community.  I also note that Eliot is still available
to us for consulting on a part-time basis if needed.

	Ordinarily this would have been a significant setback for us,
but fortunately we have found and hired a capable replacement in the
form of Kenton Hoover who also has considerable systems experience and
is well-versed in mail/news issues.  Kenton previously worked at the
Whole Earth Access "Well" which is a large timesharing service
well-known in the U.S.A. (especially in the San Francisco Bay Area).
I look forward to working together with him as we move into the next
phase of BIOSCI/bionet.

				Sincerely,

				Dave Kristofferson
				GenBank Manager