ex

Foteos Macrides MACRIDES at WFEB2.BITNET
Wed Oct 30 12:59:00 EST 1991

>Concerning your apology,
>
>>David,
>>        Please accept my apology if my 'Whooh ...' came across as a put down.
>>I assure you this was not my intention.
>>
>>                                Fote
>>
>> Foteos Macrides           Worcester Foundation for Experimental Biology
>> MACRIDES at WFEB2.BITNET     222 Maple Avenue, Shrewsbury, MA 01545
>>
>>>         Whooh!  Classic USENET disclaimers come to bionet/BIOSCI.
>
>Please, no offense taken; actually, I took it as something of a back-handed
>complement.
>
>                                                        David George
>                                                        PIR
>                                                        George at GUNBRF.bitnet

        Indeed it was!  However, I committed a serious error of omission --
did not include the classic USENET 8-).

        When we read each other's messages, we start feeling we know each
other, but we don't in the way we know colleagues with whom we interact face
to face.  That's why news group conventions and substitutes for body language
are not noise.
                                Fote

 MACRIDES at WFEB2.BITNET     222 Maple Avenue, Shrewsbury, MA 01545

Whooh!  Am I glad I'm a neurobiologist (not a molecular biologist critically
dependent on a tri-national monopoly 8-).