Should we protest patents of DNA sequences?

Eric Cabot ecec at
Wed Oct 9 11:33:13 EST 1991

If seems almost unbelievable that our legal system would allow the
patenting of non-inventions such as DNA sequences.   So far there
hasn't been much traffic in this group defending this practice.
I wouldn't mind reading the other side of the issue.

Maybe this is the place to start a ground-swell of protest to this
practice. I'd hate to be sued because my PCR primers
violate some companies patent rights.
Eric Cabot                              |    ecec at
      "Non Nobis Nati Solum"            |    NOTE: New address!